Monday, September 3, 2012

Hunt's Catch-Up ;-)

Ahhhhh! :) Hi everyone. I have so much catching up to do, and i actually am writing this to say.... that's not going to happen tonight. I know, thanks for brangin' us here fer nuttin'. (i'm not sure at all why i imagine you all saying that in a hick accent :-))  OK well, i will do some catching up ;-)

I am tired in every way a human can be. Physically exhausted, emotionally, mentally... i don't think spiritually though, so that's good. And an understatement. I am in the home of precious people who haven't known me long. Have plenty of their own challenges in life, but who told me yesterday wanted - and have - to offer me a "Sanctuary". 

Sanctuary. I love that. The word, all that it means. A safe place, a protected place. A place to be and feel and do all one needs to do - which also can mean do nothing at all. We have shared meals, i have slept on a great bed i really need to get back to soon. No one is asking me about tomorrow and i so need that right now, to rest. Just when i think, "Life is not fair, my life is not fair!", someone offers a blessing. A hand up. It has been really cool for me these past 3 and a half days to watch a happy, sweet marriage. To watch how they both parent, which has just (i need new phrases! :) I think i might have maxed out "Blown me away". But it has, they do!! 

I miss my kitty girls. Lots of things are still very tangled in life. But for right now, i am OK. The future remains scary, i'm not sure whose doesn't though. And while someone in my life thinks this all  (the "Perfect Storm" as Mikel called it when we wrote about what has happened to my family this year on the 2nd page of the Fundraiser - another blessing) - that it all has to mean something, some HUGE thing that will make this thing and that thing actually perfect. 

I disagree with that thought, i think if things on earth were perfect? I wouldn't so much be on earth any more. Perfection is boring. Character is not (!!!) and i hope that mine has grown and is growing and will grow. I admit i wish and hope that it doesn't always take such drastic things to shape me into who i will someday be. But i am listening. To God. always. To wise & fun ("wise" sounded way too stuffy for the people i am thinking of !) I am thankful for even bad advice, because it has all come from places of love, places motivated by absolutely wanting the best for me.

From all of me to all of you, i hope your Non-Labor day (ironic name for most people!) was spiffy. Go do something that makes you happy - and if i can suggest here, i absolutely think your "something" won't be a huge thing. Go eat a tomato off a vine or go play on the swings. Take funny pix with your friends or your kids or all of 'em.  And keep taking care of one another - we cannot "do" this life alone. We were not meant to.

:) - al


(Today is also my parents' anniversary, & i think it would mean  a lot if you guys said hi to them. Thank you!!) 


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment